Sleep is the latest health commodity. Forget diet and workout plans, everyone is asking: how many hours did you get last night? But worrying about whether you are getting enough sleep can cause anxiety, which in turn, can affect your sleep. We’ve put together some tips on improving your sleep schedule:
Drift off with ease
Sticking to a regular routine can help you maintain better sleep. This means trying to go to sleep and wake up at the same times each day – yes, even at the weekend! Establishing a ‘wind-down period’ before bedtime can help you to switch off and forget the worries of the day.
Try upgrading your evening routine with these simple tips:
- Dim the lights before bedtime and avoid using your phone or laptop
- Have a warm bath with a few drops of our Sleep Essential Oil – a combination of soothing pure oils, including lavender, bergamot and chamomile
- Avoid drinking caffeinated drinks in the evening — try herbal tea instead, such as chamomile or peppermint
- Instill a sense of calm in your bedroom with an Essential Oil Diffuser – we like Lavender for a soothing send-off
- Do some gentle yoga or stretching before heading to bed
- Spray your pillows or bedsheets with our Sleep Essential Oil Spray Mist as a quick aromatherapy solution
If you need more ideas, contact your doctor for help and advice.